Digital Product Manager - Capital Group
Product Manager Interview Tip
Use LinkedIn to try and figure out who the hiring manager is for this position. Then, find their email address using a tool like Hunter.io rather than submit through the normal application. It's a great way to make you name top-of-mind.View the full interview guide for Digital Product Manager at Capital Group
Req ID: 20462
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: No
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
The Capital Group Companies, Inc. is a global leader in investment management. Our businesses encompass The American Funds, one of the largest mutual fund groups in the U.S.; and a globally diverse institutional investment group managing large pools of capital such as pensions and endowments. The Capital Group Digital team is working on exciting opportunities supporting a broad range of audiences across web, email, mobile and social media. Reaching our customers through compelling digital solutions is imperative for serving their needs. The Digital team is supported by the organization through a broad commitment of resources and recognition of our efforts.
The Digital Product Manager will be instrumental in managing the development of strategy and roadmap for Investment Research and Investment Tools. There will be opportunities to make a deep impact on our customers and the businesses that we support. At the same time, there are unique challenges and complex problems to be solved, requiring both creativity and analytical rigor. Specifically, the Web Business Lead Senior will be responsible for engaging with partners in the business to align business strategies with user needs, leading to the development of digital strategies and capabilities that drive business performance and improved client loyalty. The area of focus for this Web Business Lead Senior will be Investment Research and Investment Tools designed for our Intermediaries and Salesforce.
- Owns all aspects of the Web experience within Investment Research and Investment Tools
- Discovers product opportunities/enhancements for the Investment Research and Investment Tools site area that are valuable, usable, and feasible
- Facilitates and coordinates idea generation and input from stakeholders, team members and audience members
- Develops deep customer insights and business knowledge and expertise and continuously deepens that knowledge to envision opportunities that are valuable
- Works with user experience and technology teams to envision products that are usable and can be socialized and concept tested with audience members
- Defines new features, tools, experiences in collaboration with internal and external partners. Accountable for prioritization of all work within Investment Research and Investment Tools, and supporting partners
- Regularly reviews (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) performance of owned areas via analytics and VOC to optimize and improve performance. Leverages testing strategies (A/B and MVT) to improve performance
- Oversees activities around Investment Research and Investment Tools including planning, implementation and ongoing monitoring
- Works regularly with appropriate business partners and marketing pod’s to review web usage and performance and ensure alignment with key business priorities
- Accountable for monitoring performance, optimization, and freshness/relevance/usefulness of assets to maximize impact, increasing engagement and leads
- Supports the development of an overall digital vision and strategy through online learning and research, and the ongoing development of subject matter expertise
- Communicates complex research insights and presents summary findings to appropriate stakeholders and team members; incorporates applicable research findings into business plans and strateges
- Demonstrates leadership for the team by providing direction to other associates and assisting them in completing their assignments. Participates in the training and development of associates and serves as a positive role model
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Digital (Web, Mobile, other channels) and/or User Experience
- 7-10 years of overall professional experience , with 5+ years in Financial Services, coupled with strong investment acumen required
- Financial Services experience with mutual funds, investment research, investment tools & solutions is a plus
- Proven experience in the development and launch of a Digital product/solution strategy, roadmap and execution
- Working knowledge of Digital, Marketing, Financial Services, Investments, User Centered Design and ability to apply it to work assignments
- In-depth knowledge of Web development, design, and technology across Sales, Marketing, and Service. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the department/business area
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.39 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Other jobs you may like