Principal Product Manager - Atlassian
Product Manager Interview Tip
You want to make the hiring managers job easy. Don't have them guess at your qualifications. When applying for this job, make sure your resume highlights each of the items in the job description.View the full interview guide for Principal Product Manager at Atlassian
We are looking for a stellar Principal Product Manager to join Atlassian’s Community Experience Team. In this role you will help us build an extraordinary experience for our global community. Atlassian's Community plays a key role in our Marketing and Support strategy. We provide an exceptional Q&A experience for new and experienced users. We inspire users with new ideas and ways to use the product, and connect users to each other and to Atlassian in an open way. The community launched a year ago and is already the most trafficked Atlassian site by 2x, but it's still very much in its infancy. Are you excited about the opportunity to propel the community into a new phase of growth, driving product direction and a delightful consumer experience? If so, read on.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Identify and prioritize Community features and experiences to drive user activation and engagement in partnership with Community business leaders, design, engineering and research
- Define success metrics, develop a clear vision and strategy, refine and iterate as needed
- Drive alignment and transparency across marketing partners, program managers and stakeholders
- Closely partner with the experimentation team to ideate, refine and test hypotheses
- Serve as the Agile product owner for your scrum team. The community development process is run via scrum, and you will validate assumptions about our users with various types of testing.
More about you
On your first day, we'll expect you have:
- 8 to 10+ years crafting and delivering world-class products in a product management role, preferably in the Community or eCommerce domains.
- Ability to inspire your team to build better products and work across multiple stakeholders
- Passion and experience working in a customer-centric, data-informed environment
- Strong analytical abilities paired with a data-informed mindset as well as experience with experimentation and A/B testing
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on careful listening
- Ability to think through complex, ambiguous problems and distill it to the essentials
- Self-awareness with a passion to learn and continuously improve.
More about our team
The Community team is focused on building a scalable, world-class global community platform where users of our products find help, inspiration, and connection. Much more than “just a Q&A site,” we treat our community like a product. You’ll be joining a well-oiled agile team, where the top priority items are easily identifiable and everyone on the team rallies around those deliverables, and each other. Serious collaboration will be the key to success for this role. We embrace our “open company, no bulls#*%” value and have the grit to say what we believe. We're good listeners. We move really fast. We take risks and fail, but take away key lessons to ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. We play as a team. We promise you'll never be bored.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun. To support you at work (and play) we offer amazing perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With more than 80,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and Trello–and we’re just getting started. Inspired by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Atlassian, Inc., will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.