Product Manager - Google
Product Manager Interview Tip
You want to make the hiring managers job easy. Don't have them guess at your qualifications. When applying for this job, make sure your resume highlights each of the items in the job description.View the full interview guide for Product Manager at Google
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA
At Google, we put our users first. From innovative software products like Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, Street View to pioneering mobile devices like the Android, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Googlers from Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, to name just a few. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you will be part of shaping Google's next moonshot.
You will be responsible for developing solutions and implementing requirements to support the growth of Google products worldwide. This includes launching products and working closely with our engineering and other product areas to define the right structure to support our products.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
- Launch products on a regular basis.
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or related experience.
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Master of Science or Business, or PhD.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building online payments and/or commerce products, and knowledge of global payments.
- Experience with managing products for software developers and development experience using various desktop and mobile app frameworks.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g. payments, loyalty, subscriptions, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Other jobs you may like