Senior Growth Product Manager - Demand Side - Wonderschool
Product Manager Interview Tip
The Job Description is your interview blueprint. Review each bullet carefully and think about possible questions and answers that address each bullet.View the full interview guide for Senior Growth Product Manager - Demand Side at Wonderschool
At Wonderschool (www.wonderschool.com) our mission is to provide quality child care to every child in the world. There is a major shortage of childcare and preschools in the United States and we believe one of the best ways to increase access for families is to grow supply through starting in-home child care and preschools. We work with talented teachers and parents to start high quality, licensed in-home early childhood programs. We provide assistance with licensing, setting up a classroom, setting pricing, building a website, managing payments, and everything in between. Our software allows teachers to manage their students, parents, and their school from one dashboard, reducing administrative stress and burden and allowing teachers to focus on what they do best – caring for and educating children. Parents come to Wonderschool to find programs, schedule visits, enroll their children, and make payments.
We currently have a presence in the greater New York area and in the West Coast and are focused on partnering with additional talented educators and caregivers to offer programs in their communities.
Wonderschool is backed by First Round Capital and a number of other respected Seed and Series A firms like 500 Startups, Lerer Ventures, Edelweiss VC, Cross Culture Ventures and Uncork Capital.
We are looking for someone who has helped grow world-class marketplaces or consumer products that people love. As our Growth Product Manager - Demand Side, you’ll be responsible for increasing parent demand for Wonderschool programs and reaching aggressive parent enrollment targets. You’ll dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze growth experiments, and guide/help the team move fast and deliver solutions.
We are not looking for remote team members. In this role, you will work closely with our Product, Design, Community Managers, and Marketing team. You will report to
The best candidate for this role is energized about working at a very early-stage mission-driven startup, passionate about marketplaces and growth and has experience shipping impactful products.
This role requires a combination of product management and growth experience (growth product or growth marketing). You have experience in product management / growth marketing.
You have a consistent track record of driving user or revenue growth with a consumer audience through experimentation and have a strong sense of what good looks like.
You have good business sense and can see the big picture. You understand how impacting one lever in a complex marketplace affects many others.
You're not a stranger to startups, and are comfortable operating at a fast pace and can tolerate and structure ambiguity. You have strong technical knowledge (especially around data) that enables you to quickly scope things independently before getting an engineer's opinion.
You love open, honest, healthy communication. You are an effective communicator across a range of situations and have a strong capability in championing your ideas to fruition.
- Create and execute strategic growth roadmap focused on driving parent demand and increasing parent enrollment
- Invent, design and build solutions that result in increase parent leads, parent tours, parent enrollment and retention
- Work with partners in product, design, community management, and marketing to design innovative features
- Analyze and track funnel performance: balance a strong user focus with the ability to understand blockers and develop creative experiments and solutions
- Generate and go deep on consumer insights, competitive intelligence, and data analytics to learn what works and doesn’t to deliver growth-driving product innovation and iteration
- Conduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses to measure impact
- Make ruthless decisions about what to do (and importantly: what not to do)
- Manage Local Marketing Operations team members
- Work closely with finance to track unit economics
- Conduct customer development by visiting Directors and talking to parents to ensure Wonderschool parent experience is strong (10% to 15% time)
- 5+ years of Professional Experience
- 3+ years of Product Management experience with web and mobile products; Additional experience in consulting, finance or marketing a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working in growth product, acquisition or monetization, including user psychology, analysis of funnel performance, testing and conversion optimization, including landing page optimization and multivariate testing
- Basic SQL skills
- Skilled at building deep understanding and appreciation for users through qualitative and quantitative means
- Great project management skills, including strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively across different functions.
- Advanced skills using analytics tools (SQL, Google Analytics, Excel/Google Sheets, etc).
- Degree Computer Science or similar, or equivalent work experience is a big plus.
Wonderschool invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits, option to contribute to a 401K plan, and equity in our company. We anticipate a salary of $110K and $160K.