Senior Product Manager - charity: water
Product Manager Interview Tip
Try to have your resume mirror the job description. It will help whoever's reviewing your resume to understand how you can contribute to their goals.View the full interview guide for Senior Product Manager at charity: water
charity: water is seeking a product leader with a history of successfully driving customer acquisition and retention. As the Senior Product Manager, you will report to the Chief Product Officer and work with a fast-moving, agile development team. You’ll partner with stakeholders across the organization to understand our different donor audiences and work closely with our Creative and Marketing teams to build engaging experiences that grow our donor base.
- Partner with Marketing to grow our monthly giving community, The Spring, by creating and delivering innovative new ways to engage with our audience and show their impact with the goal of increasing LTV
- Partner with our Data Scientist to derive insights on customer behavior, partner with Marketing to leverage those learnings and improve the donor experience
- Partner with Design and Development to drive execution for initiatives, communicate the “whys” of different projects, write user stories and prioritize the backlog
- Define project metrics and ROI goals for initiatives, track performance post delivery and communicate product performance regularly with stakeholders
- Partner with Finance to project how product initiatives will contribute to overall business goals
- 5+ years of B2C product management experience
- Experience with subscription-based business models, acquisition and retention, with a track record of delivering results throughout the funnel
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and software development lifecycle process
- Knowledge of A/B testing design and execution
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (especially Google Analytics)
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals
- Previous experience building strategic plans, and working directly with data to drive decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- The desire and ability to be thrifty and innovative
You’re obsessed with the details:
You know attention to detail is critical regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in everything you do. You love the numbers that help you make more intelligent decisions but are also able to wear a creative hat to build experiences that inspire people. When you present numbers, you’ve got context and math to back them up.
You are a hard worker and you have team spirit:
You thrive in a fast-paced environment with people that are constantly looking to innovate, enjoy challenges and demand excellence. We're a small and efficient staff; every person plays an essential role in the organization. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You enjoy working with others to reach common goals and objectives.You get things done:
You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule and in budget. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.