Senior Product Manager - Textio
Product Manager Interview Tip
When prepping for your interview, think about the company's customers. When asked "who do you are our customers?" you should have a rough idea. Use the company's website and search Google for people talking about the company's products to research the customers.View the full interview guide for Senior Product Manager at Textio
We believe that the future of business documents is knowing how they’ll perform before they’re published. Textio builds the service that powers this revolution. Our augmented writing platform is delighting customers, and we’re looking for a creative and passionate product manager to join our Seattle team.
In this role, you’ll engage with customers and our executive team to shape the vision and strategy for Augmented Writing. You’ll be an expert on our products, the competitive landscape, and the needs of our customers. You will confidently champion our vision, both internally and to the outside world. And you’ll also be hands on, working closely with designers and engineers to build the future product you’ve imagined.
Are you excited to lead the evolution of a remarkable user experience that is already changing how people write? Do you want to be involved from initial brainstorming through completed sales? Would you like to create something new that really makes a difference? If so, Textio is a great place to work, to learn, and to experiment.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience partnering with engineers and designers to build and ship products people love
- You can work face to face with customers to learn about their needs and envision product enhancements to solve their problems in innovative and valuable ways
- You can develop a product roadmap that aligns with current customer needs and the long term Textio vision, and prioritize a backlog to efficiently meet the those goals
- You are an excellent storyteller, who can confidently communicate product vision to both small internal teams and large external audiences
- You know how to translate customer feedback and strategic product goals into a spec-level plan for engineering execution
- You are the project expert and the best representative of ongoing work in your area of ownership
- You ensure that the teams you work with feel confident, informed, and efficient. You actively identify issues and remove hurdles before they disrupt the team from meeting goals
- You have the organizational skills to coordinate the launch of features and products across engineering, sales, marketing, customer success, and the executive team
- You measure the success of product changes with usage data, and respond to the surprises and opportunities that the data reveals
- You’re excited by data, written communication, and the chance to pioneer the emerging field of augmented writing
- You’re eager to become an expert on the shifting landscape of hiring, productivity, and successful business writing
- You’re committed to quality as a top priority—you pay attention to what you make, and take pride in it
- Your track record demonstrates a love of experimenting, building, and learning new things
- You have a point of view but are low ego
Bonus points for experience working on products where experimentation, machine learning, and data science are core to development.
At Textio, you will be a part of a team of awesome and trustworthy people who work together to build breathtaking, groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
Textio embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Working at Textio is outstanding. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://textio.com/careers/. Reach out and share your story with us!
Other jobs you may like