Sr Technical Product Manager - General Electric
Product Manager Interview Tip
Use LinkedIn to try and figure out who the hiring manager is for this position. Then, find their email address using a tool like Hunter.io rather than submit through the normal application. It's a great way to make you name top-of-mind.View the full interview guide for Sr Technical Product Manager at General Electric
- About Us:
- Create functional backlog to be executed by the development team.
- Ability to read and translate contract terms and conditions to execute accurate cost modeling.
- Perform scenario analysis of contracts on the business portfolio to define risks and opportunities for cost savings.
- Become a subject matter expert of the tools provided by the team, building an in-depth knowledge of how the platform ecosystem functions and associated data with these platforms
- Responsible as a single point of contact for both functional stakeholders, customers, and 3rd party vendors & partners within subject matter expertise
- Conduct periodic testing of new processes and application code with end users.
- Effectively communicate and influence other programs with their interactions and relationships to insure proper resources are applied.
- Establish Strong working relationships with software development and business teams to ensure accurate delivery of new functionality.
- Lead business integrations and rollouts of solutions managing all aspects including business UAT/validation, requirements mapping, end user communication and operationalizing support
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Product Development OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience in Product Development.
- Legal authorization to work is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Atlanta, GA
- Experience in working with Agile and FastWorks methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to convey thoughts and messages in a clear and succinct manner
- Proven ability to work in a large, cross-functional team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Operates with a thorough, detail oriented mindset
- Experience with the ecosystem of contract modeling tools and platforms within GE Power Services (e.g. ICAM)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Established project management and analytical abilities.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
- Strong Business Analysis skills and ability to translate requirements to enterprise software features
- Experience leading teams in a formal software development lifecycle environment following a formal project management and governance process
- Familiarity with waterfall and iterative software implementation approaches (Agile, XP, DSDM, Lean and FDD)
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technologies and approaches to solving problems
- Has the ability to propose, analyze impact and recommend appropriate technology choices
- Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the product development team. Balances value propositions from competing stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of medium sized or incompletely defined tasks
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
- Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against commitments. Effectively balances multiple, different and/or competing objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
- Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit and exhibiting role model behavior
Locations: United States; Georgia; Atlanta
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Sr Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the development of the MYA Applications including ICAM, BLD, and Myfleet. In this role, you will interface with the businesses to ensure specific needs and requirements are tested, approved, and aid in the design of new features requested.
In this role, you will: