Staff Technical Product Manager - General Electric
Product Manager Interview Tip
If you had to explain what product managers do on a day-to-day basis what would you say?View the full interview guide for Staff Technical Product Manager at General Electric
- About Us:
- Lead efforts to sunset existing FS Connect and IFS functionality into next-generation asset and fleet management tools
- Serve as Aviation DT voice to horizontal asset management efforts - Convey requirements to horizontal Digital Asset Passport team, ensure agile delivery of valuable features GE Aviation can leverage, and outline strategy of how those features fit with 1Fleet
- Work with 1Fleet team to align 1Fleet and DAP roadmaps
- Serve as subject matter expert on FDM data to related services systems and products to facilitate the sunset of related tools as DAP and 1Fleet build up functionality
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
- Routinely collaborate with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions
- Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Evendale, Ohio
- Familiarity with cloud based web technologies, services, tools. (Vue, MongoDB, Java Spring, etc)
- Familiarity of Search engine technology (e.g. Attivio, SOLR) and integrating it into online platforms
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Understands and adopts the concepts of re-use, avoidance of technical debt, open source, and scalability in software solution development
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
- Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
- Influences through others; builds direct and ""behind the scenes"" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
- Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
- Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The TPM of 1Fleet Integrations will support the GE Aviation Commercial Engines Asset and Fleet Management transactional system and data warehouse. These systems track and report the configuration, utilization, service bulletins, and events for 20,000+ aircraft and 50,000+ engines. The role will focus on helping to ensure our strategic products are integrated appropriately within the environment and connecting the appropriate products to 1Fleet to continue to drive business outcomes.