Technical Product Manager - ACLU
Product Manager Interview Tip
Try to have your resume mirror the job description. It will help whoever's reviewing your resume to understand how you can contribute to their goals.View the full interview guide for Technical Product Manager at ACLU
The ACLU is seeking a full-time to drive product development for constituent management and outreach products, services and platforms. The Technical Product Manager will play a leading role in building products to manage and engage constituents such that the ACLU’s advocacy, fundraising and communications needs are best met. This is core to the ACLU’s growth plans in the digital product space. The right candidate will have an inquisitive approach to understanding the power of readily accessible data and the innovation that can occur when seamless internal systems are leveraged to build smart digital products.
The Salesforce platform plays a major part in meeting the ACLU’s constituent management and outreach needs, and so the person in the role will have experience navigating the Salesforce ecosystem and will bring expertise on using the platform to support the ACLU’s product needs. To accomplish this work, the Technical Product Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders, product leadership and business leaders to create and execute on a coherent strategy. If you’re looking to accelerate the product growth and direction of the ACLU, you will find this role challenging and rewarding. The person in the role will join the Product & Technology Department in New York, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Owning and driving the roadmap, technical health and user strategy for the ACLU’s internal Salesforce implementation, in partnership with CRM business support staff.
- Leading the ideation, technical development and launch of constituent-facing and constituent-managing digital products that align with the ACLU’s broader organizational goals, at both the national and affiliate levels.
- Defining and analyzing metrics and data that inform the success of constituent-related digital products.
- Collaborating with ACLU stakeholders in Communications, Political Advocacy, Fundraising, and Business Support to plan product roadmaps.
- Leading the charge on establishing and optimizing best-in-class product development processes.
- Participating in release and testing plans with vendors and internal developers.
- Staying abreast of the Salesforce landscape and identifying and evaluating new product opportunities for the ACLU.
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity within the office using a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, socio-economic circumstance, and record of arrest or conviction.
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience building digital products, innovations or platforms – either systems-facing or consumer-facing.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of related experience, preferably in Computer Science or related field in Technology and Engineering.
- Experience shaping and driving strategies for product-driven organizations.
- Experience with Salesforce Cloud and related products.
- Experience in a nonprofit or campaign fundraising and/or advocacy environment strongly preferred.
- Experience with NGO Connect preferred.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and have exhibited using this empathy to identify and build solutions to address user needs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (written, spoken and presentation-forms).
- Passion for civil liberties and civil rights, especially regarding privacy and the fight against discrimination.
The ACLU offers a generous and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU compensation scale.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to hrjobsINTE@aclu.org. Reference [PTEC-23/ACLU-W] in subject line. Please note that this is not the general ACLU email address. This email address is specific to the Product and Technology department postings. In order to ensure your application is received please make certain it is sent to the correct e-mail address. You can expect to receive an automatic response that acknowledges the submission of application materials.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the job description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”